REFLECTOR: Odd Jorgensen and center spar section lay-ups

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 20 08:07:26 CDT 2006

A few had asked about the lay-ups on Odd's plane.  I had not seen a reply on
the reflector.  They may have been responded to directly.

I had remembered reading a report by Odd's son James.  The report had
mentioned glass work.

I was able to locate the report.

It does reference glass work:

"Duane Swing inspected the wings and expressed some concern about the
appearance of the region connecting the torsional lay-ups of the
strake to the center section spar."

I placed a copy of the report here:

http://www.kal-soft.com/velocity/resources/n190j%20accident%20update.htm

I'm not sure exactly which specific lay-ups Duane is referring to.

My feeling is the lay-ups inside the "hell hole" that bond the inner skins
of the strake to the center spar section.

Andy