REFLECTOR: Update on the Velocity Builders Symposium for arriving aircraft

Gregotto at aol.com Gregotto at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 09:04:11 CDT 2006

Milt/Phil could you add some more info to what you have posted on the
symposium web site:

-- Grayson County is an old military base (Perrin AFB circa WWII)
http://www.co.grayson.tx.us/airport/airmain.htm  Note there are inactive runways.
-- There is a small museum for the base that we can get opened up if anybody
is interested in goign thru it. http://www.perrinfield.org/.
-- There is a small public golf course right on the field that costs $16 to
play all day and $9/9 holes for the cart.
http://www.grayson.edu/update/golfcourse.asp.
-- There is a new Gander Mountain store a few miles away.
-- For the ladies, about 40 minutes down the road is the Frisco Stonebriar
Mall. There is an enormous outside shopping/restaurants venue around the mall
too.  http://www.shopstonebriar.com/html/storedirectory.asp.
-- Voyager Air Center on the south end of the field is owned in part by
Jeanna Yeager of Voyager fame.  And for those who don't know Milton worked on the
Voyager project.  Milt, what about her as a speaker?

Greg

In a message dated 4/19/2006 12:25:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
phil at hdmnet.com writes:
Gang, here is some new information pasted from the Velocity Symposium web
site, http://www.velocitysymposium.com/
As you will see, we are announcing a very nice host FBO…
>From the FAQ:
Q:  Who is the host FBO for arriving aircraft?
A:  Lake Texoma Jet Center, Steve Wayne.  Unicom 130.35.  You'll find LTJC at
the north end of the runway.  Steve is looking forward to seeing a bunch of
Velocities parked on his huge concrete tie down area, with steel rings
embedded, enough to accommodate 10 aircraft.  There are several grass areas that will
take 10 or more Velocities.  Be sure to bring your own tie down kits, as the
concrete spots will be first come/first serve.  Steve will also welcome camping
on the grass area and offer a clean toilet and shower for campers.  Because
LTJC specializes in large biz craft like Lears and Falcons he is partial to
jets and will only allow the jet Cozy to stay in the hangar. ;-)  Recips
outside...sorry!
Q:  How can I reach someone on approach or on the ground.
A:  Milt will have a handheld dialed into 123.45.  He'll also carry his cell
phone, 214-957-3490.  Milt has promised he'll be out there with a full charge
on Friday!
A little bit more information for the non-building ladies:

 After the spa, enjoy a very nice lunch at beautiful Kelly's Restaurant and
then an afternoon of shopping at the antique area (below the restaurant and
elsewhere in town). Milt says the place is "cool."

Learn more at the web site, about Ladies Day.

Soon we’ll have the schedule of speakers and topics posted.