REFLECTOR: Interesting site for us non-engineer types

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 17 09:13:27 CDT 2006

Hey all,

Every now and then we have engine discussions.  Engineering terms start to
come out of the woodwork, and I have to start looking up things like BSFC
and the like.

This is one of the benefits of being on the reflector as it lets me know
"what I don't know."  In my self education efforts I stumbled across this
website:  http://www.epi-eng.com

I had no idea the company even existed.  They present a variety of
information.  Very well written for the novice.  Easy to understand what is
going on.

The section on "Torsional Excitation by Piston Engines" is very good.  Much
easier to understand the dynamics of power pulses.  Lots of pictures/graphs.
:)

FWIW,

Andy