REFLECTOR: Under the Door Static Port

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 14 21:31:39 CDT 2006

I lied - the port is actually ABOVE the duct running along the floor.

The hole is tiny - just 1/16".

As I mentioned earlier, I used the 3/8" tubing as described in the
construction manual, closed off on one end, and drilled the hole through the
fuselage into the 3/8" tubing.  From there it goes to a tee behind the
panel, with one leg going to a small valve that can be opened to give an
alternate static source from the cabin pressure.  I see very little
difference between external static and cabin static - although I have not
done the high speed test down the runway with the cabin static.

Happy Easter!
Ronnie