REFLECTOR: Over Charging Help !!

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Apr 14 14:20:37 CDT 2006

14.2 volts is a good float voltage for an aircraft battery.  An
equalizing charge of 15 should be limited to a few hours at a time if
you need one.

Bubbling is a normal process in a battery and should be expected above
13.2 volts. The higher the fiercer the bubbles.

Always add water to a fully charged battery, never to a low battery
unless the plates are visible, and then just add enough to cover the
plates so you can charge it to full.

A battery will tend to die earlier from undercharging vs. overcharging.
Overcharging will require more frequent watering. Thats a generalization
and there are exceptions.

Scott