REFLECTOR: Over Charging Help !!

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Apr 14 09:12:05 CDT 2006

I think even 14.2 v, which is what my system is at, is not good for the
battery.  I'm barely going to get 2 years out of my Interstate SLA.  A
charger puts out 14 v and when my battery is fully charged, I can hear
it percolating with a charger on it.  Is there a way where after 20
minutes after starting I can flip a switch and reduce the voltage to the
battery to 12.5 v and keep the rest of the system at 14.2?

John