REFLECTOR: Rudder deflection - again

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Apr 13 20:44:18 CDT 2006

The manual says:

You are looking to achieve 2-1/2” of rudder travel before brakes are

engaged and 3-1/2” to 4” full deflection. You want to make sure that the
rudder

moves as soon as the pedal is depressed.

I get the 2 ½” before the brakes are on, but only 3” when I’m hard on the
brakes.  My brakes are hard as a rock, there is very little travel of the
pedal from brakes first applied to brakes locked. That’s good; but how do I
get more rudder deflection?  The rudder moves as soon as the pedal is
depressed.  Is that the difference is using aluminum lines vs nylaflow?

Al