REFLECTOR: Fatal Accident

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 13 17:31:20 CDT 2006

John,
I recently found something I did not expect and have not heard
mentioned.  At annual I found very tiny hairline cracks on both sides of
my inboard most elevator hinge mounts in the canard.  I believe this is
being caused by flexing of the canard with the elevator fixed to the
torque tube.  The metal seems fine and the hinge is not loose.  These
cracks are very tiny.  None of the other hinge mount points have them
but both medial ones do.  Following.
Rene'