REFLECTOR: Take Off Performance

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 22:50:02 CDT 2006

Hmmm,

Tom's main position was that the 6 cylinder V didn't
match up performance and capacity wise to the Cirrus
22. Brett countered that with "book" numbers from both
companies just as reference. The fact that published
numbers are usually fantasy in the real world (whether
from Cessna, Piper, Lancair, Glasair, Velocity,
Cirrus...) was not Tom's or Brett's point.

You are literally splitting hairs trying to compare
the Velocity XL to the Cirrus 22 based on performance
and/or capacity numbers - using either book or real
word data.

Btw, I've always contended on that this board that
listening the the "been there, done that" crowd the
hardest as at least short sighted and at most elitist.
But that's just me...

Pat - XLRG that cruises over 15KTAS faster than any
Cirrus 22 (been there, done that)