REFLECTOR: Comparison

Jorge Bujanda jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 11 07:56:07 CDT 2006

Now we are talking Larry.

As long as the specs are reasonable, and any Velocity has more than
plenty, I could not care less about whether I can put 50 pounds more
luggage in a full airplane, when I think we pack too much stuff when we
travel to begin with (Good I have the power to shrink baggage because I
do the W&B).  Same with having four passengers and full tanks or not,
when regardles of trip length my legs will not be longer than two hours
each. Except for the first several times after getting my first car, I
have never enjoyed pumping gas.  I think I will enjoy that again but for
a long time.   And about speed...?   Even if I fly with others and
arrive together, we will not be able to land all at once.  Actually, I
prefer if it takes me a little longer (if you know what I mean) since my
idea of flying fun is not the arrival, but the process of getting there.

I can add several more reasons to Larry's list, but no real need for
that.  We all have our own.  I respect everybody's approach to their
recreational activity.  Personally, life is so competitive itself that
the last thing I want is turn the activity I chose for recreation
competitive too.  I have met great people that have helped me and with
whom I have been able to share ideas. The experience so far has been far
better than I thought.   I am sure Tom enjoys both his airplanes in
different ways.  We can share the joy and sense of accomplishment of
those we know too.  However, nothing like our own experience.

Once done, I am sure I will have enjoyed the project and will enjoy
flying as much with a 165k cruise as with a 185k.   I made a lot of
thinking before deciding, and Scott Baker can attest to that,  but once
I made the decision for my project, I have enjoyed every minute of it
and have not looked at any other airplane since...  It would distract me
and take away some of my enjoyment.

Regards,
Jorge Bujanda