REFLECTOR: Take Off Performance

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 23:48:04 CDT 2006

Scott,

I plan on having a party/burger burn once my engine is running. I'll make it
an EAA-530 event, and all are welcome. I'll provide the burgers, drinks and a
place to stay if anyone needs it. I'll make sure you get the official invite.
As for the official start day... it's coming up soon and I'll let you know
about that as well.

For now, Still flying the world's oldest (and perhaps ugliest) Cherokee 235.
Flew to GUC friday, 4 people, baggage area full to above the seats, and 75
gallons of gas. No problem.  But hey... it is a good TRUCK.

 Kurt
say yes to everything Kurt  says.  I am going to try to do this high
altitude, hot, high density TO magic with a fixed pitch Catto. But, I
will have 325 Turbo Charged HP, which should give me every HP it can
muster on TO with no reduction for altitude or high temps.

I have  flown into  Kurt's home field a few times and I use all the
runway,  with just me and fuel.  I CS prop would make a huge difference
and if there was a rock solid , good  customer service, reasonably
priced one I would have tried that before the ending upgrade. I love
operating with a CS prop.

Kurt, you probably have lots of helping hands around your place but I
would be more than willing to come hold an extinguisher and and provide
some close eyeballs on the engine for  your first start. Just give the word.

I've finally moved out of winter mode,  cleaned up the hanger around my
plane today and even did a some glass work in final prep to hang the
engine!

Scott