REFLECTOR: Take Off Performance

rodney brim rbrim at performancesolutionstech.com
Sun Apr 9 16:59:32 CDT 2006

Tom,
No one is talking about it, but moving the person in the co-pilot seat to the back seat on take-off, definitely shortens the take-off.  The canard rotates quicker and the main wing starts flying a little quicker.  I've done some informal testing with a 230lb person in the co-pilot seat, but don't have any exact numbers, but using the runway markers looked like we reduce take-off role more than 200 feet with just two people in the Velocity.

Rodney Brim