REFLECTOR: Innodyn Engine

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Apr 5 21:36:54 CDT 2006

Interesting.

I've bit my lip before, and mostly because the power of Google, and the
internet may bite me in the ass later.

I read some of Innodyn's claims.
Forget about their claim of variable RPM (not to mention operating an
APU outside of it's RPM range(want to complain about the MT prop?)).
Forget about their advance in injection technology.
Forget about everything and focus on one of their claims that their
engine has a BSFC number only slightly worse than piston engines at sea
level.  When I saw that number, I knew they were making it up.

As far as I know there is no turbine or jet engine that comes close to
the BSFC of a piston at sea level.  If they could do this, then they
would be very rich.

Now, if this thing happens to get to someone with a non-biased interest
and posts that their numbers are true, then I'll retract this comment.

Note:
I read this information off a posterboard at their tent at Sun and Fun a
couple of years ago.  Also, I might have had to calculate the BSFC, but
I'll stand behind my math.