REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 17:19:19 CDT 2006

In a message dated 4/4/2006 2:52:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
michalk at awpi.com writes:

They  sell props for tractor
airplanes, and I assume Lycoming 4 cylinders, why  do they have problems
here?

One thing we have to deal with that tractors don't is the trailing edge  wake
from the wing hitting the prop.  Someone smarter than I may be able  to chime
in if this has anything to do with prop performance.  I know  the mix-masters
from Cessna had problems with the rear prop even though it was  basically the
same as the front, but with pusher blades.

TEC