REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Spring

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 1 16:13:38 CST 2006

Be careful about going too slow on final.

If you get a sudden change in head wind, like you have a 10 kt head wind on
final, and it suddenly goes to 5 knots and you're right on the pitch buck,
you'll find yourself making a hard, nose first landing.

Been there, done that!!!  Do like Jack says, find longer runways, and come
over the numbers at 80 kts, get down to the runway, then let the speed bleed
as you touch down.

I have figured out it is better to go off the far end of the runway going
slow, than to hit hard while going 65 knots at the near end of the runway!

Y'all have fun at Sun-n-Fun!!!!!

Ronnie