REFLECTOR: Accident report - SQ2000

Robin Ream robinream at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 10:55:48 CDT 2005

    That was a pretty sobering read Al, but the seat problem is ubiquitous in small aircraft.  Some companies have done some pretty good research into survivability issues regarding seating, but I've seen little published about improvements even though some companies claim to have made them.  As far as our aircraft are concerned, I've seen worse seats in Cessna's because I had one collapse on me in the hangar one day, but that's certainly no endorsement either.  It would be very nice to see something more occupant friendly and safety conscious if the weight penalty was permissible, so anything you come up with would be welcome news throughout the flying community.

Robin