REFLECTOR: Molding a P-51 Scoop

Dave Bertram v350tx at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 13:33:16 CDT 2005

I have a scoop located in that position.  I shaped mine out of foam then
glassed over it.  My opening is 3" x 15" and works fine in providing air to
my radiator.  I based my opening size on data used in racing.  I have a 383
v-8 engine and the racing folks are using 48 sq.in-52sq.in. with much bigger
engines.  By the way my scoop top is one inch below the fuselage and extends
4" in front of the cowl cut line.  Dave Bertram