REFLECTOR: New Plane - New (sort of) Engine dilemma

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Sep 6 12:14:03 CDT 2005

Don't break in the engine on a new airframe. The guy that built my plane
did that and the engine while strong and reliable used a lot of oil. Qt
every 5 to 8 hours depending on how hard I ran it.

If possible get someplace with a dyno or break-in chamber to run it
under load with adequate cooling to break in the cylinders. If they are
not chrome it should only take 2 to 10 hours..

Scott