REFLECTOR: Molding a P-51 Scoop

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 5 12:56:44 CDT 2005

Isn't that why God gave us Vortex Generators? This constitutes an
enormous increase in cooling drag that seriously compromises the benefit
of a turbo. If intercooler only needs 20 sqin or so, give it 20 sqin
that works (how big are the armpit scoops that cool half an engine?) and
get lots better performance.

Isn't 66 sqin more than the XL NACA scoops? For an INTERCOOLER? ...Jim S.