REFLECTOR: Molding a P-51 Scoop

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 5 09:53:43 CDT 2005

Isn't 66 sqin nearly the size of the engine cooling inlet?  Sounds like
a lot.  I would have thought maybe 30% of that would do.  Anyway,
Urethane foam is cheap and carves easiest, Styrofoam will melt away with
gas.  I use duct tape or plastic/shrink wrap as a release agent.
I'd revisit my sizing formula ... Jim S.