REFLECTOR: oil lines and throttle/mixture cables?

Don19dw at aol.com Don19dw at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 16:37:33 CDT 2005

The following system has worked very well in my XL/RG for 6 years.
1) Left tunnel contains only my two 1/2" bare aluminum oil cooling lines from
nose oil cooler. Lines have standoffs so lines do not touch each other or
walls of tunnel. Also have inlet air scoop at front of tunnel and an exit air
scoop just in front of fire wall.  Have never had an oil cooling problem, with
only the one oil cooler and an IO-540 260HP engine.
2) My throttle, prop and mixture cables lay on fuselage floor, just inboard
of left tunnel.
Advantages, cables are not exposed to heat or abrasion of oil lines plus each
cable exits fire wall a different points so they line up more directly with
their attach point to engine. Prop cable goes to far right rear side of engine
so exits firewall near centerline.
Don White  N19DW