REFLECTOR: NO DOORS

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Sep 3 17:13:19 CDT 2005

Subject: REFLECTOR: NO DOORS

In my flight testing ... I have found absolutely no significant difference
in speeds with my main gear doors on or off.  They may look nice while
flying (but who the hell sees them?) ... and we might be sold on the idea
that we need to be cleaner to increase speed ... but it simply did not
happen with me!  I have hard and fast testing to prove it.  The most
difference I've seen is one knot!  I'd rather have higher gear extension
speeds that an extra knot!

This is consistent with what I have heard from two others; and I think also
from Duane.

Al