REFLECTOR: Interior

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Oct 31 09:35:00 CST 2005

Al
Nice job! Can you give an estimate of the total amount of materials used?
Jorge
--------------

Jorge;

Unfortunately, on some of the items I don't know because I just scribbled
some estimates and bought them, then went back for more if I needed it.  The
UFO receipts don't give me quantities.  The big cost item was the leather;
everything else totaled maybe $300; including half dozen cans of spray
adhesive.

Leather: I bought 2 large hides that totaled 117 sq. ft.; which I estimate
had at least 100+ sq.ft of useable.  This is "Grand" leather which is very
high quality and $7.25 sq. ft.  That did the strake cutouts front and back
(bottom only), the small center armrest, and all four seats - except for the
back side of the rear seat backrests.  (Turns out those were done in leather
also because the upholsterers didn't follow my instructions about doing
those last in case they ran out of leather, so they provided the leather to
do them).

Headliner: One yard, 54" wide did what I needed

Fabric: Don't know, probably about 5 yards 54" wide

Vinyl:  Again don't know exactly; linear length of the keel plus a couple
yards, 60" width.

Flooring: About 3 yards, 6' wide

1/4" foam: I bought 40 sq. ft. from Chestnut ridge; then bought about 30
sq.ft. more (lower density) from the upholstery shop when I ran out.

I have some flooring, vinyl, and fabric left over.

Your requirements may vary.  Hope this helps.

Al