REFLECTOR: cooling requirements

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Oct 25 10:42:46 CDT 2005

I have in-flight adjustable armpit scoops.  This was done before the
advent of overhead cooling scoops, and I'm not going to change it unless
it doesn't work.

Like Al, it's fixed for the first flights until I can get the automation
in place to manage the scoops.

I have a linear stepper motor which drives a rod that opens and closes
the opening to the scoop.  My napkins say that the scoops should be
about 1 by 6 inches in cruise.  Of course I have no idea where the
boundary layer is.