REFLECTOR: Hurricane Report

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 16:04:41 CDT 2005

Hi!
Back on line ... time is just about 5 pm.
The hurricane blasted through this area around noontime.  The eye center was near West Palm Beach ... the northern tip of the eye wall was about 50-miles south of Sebastian, which was just enough distance to give this area some relief from the most forceful winds.  I'm guessing the top sustained winds were 60 knots, with occasional gusts to 85 knots.
Everyone I have contacted is fine - no structural damage to homes.  Some have lost power.  This area lost power for about 3-hours , which was then restored (Yes!).  The factory and service center have some puddles of water and some missing build trim - We are so grateful!  And fortunate!  Let's hope this is the last wind storm of the season - we are all looking forward to being at work Wednesday morning at the regular time.
Thank you everyone for your words of concern and support!
Scott Baker