REFLECTOR: Sticking Valves

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 20 11:14:41 CDT 2005

Here's something I found at Lycoming's site on adjusting oil pressures:

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/main.jsp?bodyPage=/support/troubleshootingGuide/highOilPressure.html

Take care here - I recall one case of a failed oil cooler on a Velocity
leading to destruction of the engine before landing.  (However - our oil
coolers are supposed to be able to handle 500 psi and a similar amount for
Champion spin on oil filters as well).

Ronnie