REFLECTOR: NACA scoops

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 04:17:47 CDT 2005

Velocity recently helped a customer with the installation of a Superior
TNIOF-362 with an upward facing exhaust.  We used two arm pit scoops and
homemade updraft baffle system.  RV sells a baffle kit that works also - we
purchased this to save time, but later decided to build the baffles from
scratch in order to better accommodate the turbo system.  The cooling did
well.  No problems with CHT's.  Oil temps ran higher than what we wanted
because of it having a single oil cooler.  I think dual coolers would be
advisable.
The factory has the molds for the arm pit scoops.  If you need a pair, they
can be ordered through Lambert at parts at velocityaircraft.com.
Best regards,
Scott B