REFLECTOR: NACA scoops

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 01:43:11 CDT 2005

Thanks for the offer, I would like to do a little more research on the issue
before I commit to using and old design. I can't tell until I have finished
installing my bulkheads and center keel if I am going to be able to install
my NACA scoops on the bottom of my aircraft. As it looks right now and
according to Brendan there should be room. I would like any information that
you have and some pictures as to how they were intended to be installed if
you have time. Brendan Said they worked real well for updraft engines in the
early days, but not worth a darn for the down draft engines, to many changes
in the direction of air flow to be efficient. If I decide to use them, I
will sure take you up on your offer.

Andy