REFLECTOR: NACA scoops

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Oct 18 22:35:28 CDT 2005

Noel,

I would advise getting the pre-molded "runner" expansion ducts that will
attach to the back of the scoops.  That way you will know exactly the size
and shape you are aiming for.  I didn't do this on my XL, and today I was
working on filling the transition to provide for smooth airflow (which is
pretty critical in the throat of the NACA scoops).  My kit came with the old
armpit scoops, so I had to cut the roof to create the NACA scoops, too.
Don't actually attach the "runners" to the scoop at the firewall until you
can fit them to the engine plenum.

Keith Hallsten