REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan

Christopher Barber CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Tue Oct 11 08:38:06 CDT 2005

With all due respect of all the great staff/family at Velocity, Inc, I will
never be able to adequately express my appreciation to and for Brendan.  His
ability to explain, instruct and reassure in a helpful and friendly manner
will be a key factor when I complete my project.  The fact that I knew he
must have explained the exact information scores of time to scores of other
builder with complete patience was unequalled.

He was/is so good that I never really have to call and get clarification
anymore (well, I don't mean I won't call, just that his direction and focus
has aided in my building confidence that I now enjoy passing on to others).

I was so scared the first time I cut into my "slow build" kit, Brendan
walked me through the process and now I feel I could build dang near
anything with composite technique.......hmmm, maybe a late 50's Corvette
<g>.

He always made me feel that I was not a burden or stupid and that he
remembered me (maybe not a good thing...and I kinda dread to know the
nickname he ascribed to me....as, from what I understand, all we fellow
builders have one with the factory guys :-O  ).

Even though I don't need to call much anymore I will deeply miss knowing
Brendan was at the factory "watching my back".  I hope for the best for him
as we must all grow and move on, but it is a loss to our building/flying
community.

All I can really say is; Brendan, THANKS.

All the best,

Chris Barber
www.LoneStarVelocity.com
Houston, Texas