REFLECTOR: Leaking sump float switch

Laurencw W. Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:02:37 CDT 2005

I had the same problem and no hard point.  As far as the fuel epoxy
compatibility, not to worry, your sump is glass cloth and epoxy.  Seems to
work.  Your plan should work just fine and I would recommend a sealant
between the switch and the hard point.  Teflon tape or if you're paranoid
about Teflon getting loose and stopping your engine, permitex #2 will work.

A word of caution about screwing or unscrewing the switch with the sump
attached to the firewall.  I have a retract and the sump is narrow.  When
you rotate the switch to unscrew it, the float will drop down and lamb
against the side of the sump and break.  I solved this problem by shimming
the float stop so it wouldn't drop so far but plenty far enough to function.

Larry Coen
N136LC SE/RG Franklin