REFLECTOR: Triax which side is up?

gattenby at GBRonline.com gattenby at GBRonline.com
Sat Oct 1 17:34:09 CDT 2005

Andy,

The long fiber goes up.
Those "squiggls" can be a major pain in the...
The vidio shows pulling individual fiber bundles.
It is a rather tedious process.
I had a partner pull the fiber bundle, as I "worked" the
glass by hand.  I used light traction in the direction of
the pull with finger tips and the palms of my hands.  I used
a pair of heavy rubberized cotton "water proof gardening
gloves".  It works fairly well.
Don't push to hard againt the foam...  It will leave divits.
The bundles pull with less force after they are wetted out
with the epoxy. (but then you have less time to pull
them...)

For an XL wing plan on about 4 1/2 to 5 hours start to
finish one wing/one surface.  It will take 5 1/2 yards of
cloth and about a gal of resin / 1/2 gal of hardner to do
both sides of one wing.

Noel