REFLECTOR: Dan the Transport Man

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 13:03:01 CST 2005

hmm.. well I know not to use it on aluminum parts, but have never had a
problem with it on starters, etc for years. I also said Sum such... so if you have
something else you like... use that. The goal is pretty obvious.

Kurt

I just noticed that you said to spray WD-40 on your bendix.  This is a BIG
NO-NO.  WD-40 is pure junk and should not be used on you plane ever.  You will
find that it contains kerosene and DMSO.  It was removed from the aircraft
industry back in the sixties. Once the stuff dries it will cause everything with
iron it to rust.  Do not use it on any moving parts that are critical to flight
or that you don't care if it rust or not.