REFLECTOR: Lycoming starters

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Nov 27 20:16:31 CST 2005

Kurt,

I talked to Bob K. about my plan to use dueling conduits as my ground
return and he thought it was a fine way to get double utilization from
the copper tubbing.  Long as my bonding at each end was done well.

Retro-fit hell is right.  I'm having fun though.  Almost have the aux
oil cooler/ cabin heater installed. I promise pictures when done.

Keeping the oil and heads cool is supposed to be the biggest problem
with turbocharged engines.  Hopefully my system will do better then
stock. Having an 86 T210 parked next to me with the exact engine/turbo
combination is a huge help.

The fuel refit is turning out to be a much bigger job than just
replacing the 45 PSI Weldon with a 28 PSI Duke pump.  But I never liked
the fuel setup with its rinky dink fuel filter anyway so now I can do it
"my" right way.   :-)

Your battery setup.  Do you plan on running with both batterys online?
If one is offline how is it charged?

If the weather co-operates I hope to have the new mount done in a week
or two. Once that is done I'm removing the wings and moving the fuselage
into a heatable building, that only has a 14 ft wide door.  The move
should allow me to keep working through winter.  My hanger is not heated
and is always 15 degrees colder than outside, when outside is getting
down to 5 degrees at night, makes for a chilly work room!

Scott