REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP CYCLES

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 24 21:03:08 CST 2005

I had the same problem except more frequently.  I had to replace the dump valve, it was leaking.  Probably from too many actuations while installing, testing and adjusting the gear.

Even after replacing the valve, the pump cycles about every 3-4 minutes.  There is some leakage in the system as Scott suggests.  I don't think once per minute is too much of a problem.

Regarding adjusting the pressure switches, they need to be adjusted to ensure that the up and down action is proper.  Adjusting the pressure switches may change the cycle times but it is more important to make sure the gear is operating properly.

Ronnie