REFLECTOR: Fuel Selector Valves

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Thu Nov 24 07:48:33 CST 2005

  the same sump? I am pretty sure Alex and mine are the same. My kit was delivered in DEC of 1999. Are you fixed or RG?

  Mine is an original fixed gear with the larger sump ,about 4.3 gallons. It is located in front of the main gear bulkhead.The dinky sumps on the new planes appear to fit under the gear leg bow.

  Important: The excess fuel returning  from the fuel rail bubbles like crazy when it escapes the regulator at the end of the line. These bubbles have enough sufrace tension to partially block a 1/4 inch vent line. During my test stand days I filled the top 4 or 5 inches of  my sump tank  with gaseous fuel. I used an over size vent line for the first foot  out of the tank. That allows the bubbles to burst and the sump remains full of liquid fuel.

  I had planned on return to the sump, and as I am so new to this I really don't wanna chance a vapor lock problem. Do you have a picture of your sump you could shoot my direction? In fact, any pics of your installation you can share would be greatly appreciated.

   I will try to work on the pix.

  Thanks in advance for all your input and help. all the best,
  Larry