REFLECTOR: Shimmy and Nose Gear Pivot Bushings

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Tue Nov 15 21:23:05 CST 2005

Mine is an old top loader FG. I have a large piece of aluminum channel  that
supports the "ears" on the gear leg. I made a new one with relocated holes
for the "ears". Some one at the factory disagreed with me about my approach
(something about gyroscopic forces) but for me it works fine. Now I don't
have to have a nearly untenable nose gear.