Reflector: EZ-Poxy Hardener

Jorge Bujanda jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 11 08:16:14 CST 2005

I've noticed that the EZ-Poxy hardener becomes grumous at the bottom of
the container in the pump, even though the inside of the epoxy box
maintains between 80 (night) and 90 (day) degrees.  These grumes tend to
dissolve with increased temperature and specially with stirring.  The
problem is, I need to unclog the pump, and go through the
heating/stirring process almost every day.  I have kept two unopened
bottles inside the house since I got them with the kit and found they
were in the same condition.

If I expose the bottles to early morning sun to dissolve, will this
damage the hardener?   Is the hardener already bad and what is the
cause?   If I get rid of it, how do I keep this from happening to the
new one?

I welcome your comments.  Thanks

Regards,
  Jorge Bujanda
  XL FG (under construction)
  Palmdale, CA

"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."

Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/