Reflector: Strake Lights

Jorge Bujanda jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 11 07:55:07 CST 2005

I have modified installation of a small taxi light on the nose.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/Construction.htm#Electrical
I was thinking about installing my lights in the strakes and I know some
of you have done it.  My questions to those already flying are:
1.  Does the canard pose a noticeable obstruction to the beam?
2.  Is the reflection on the white canard surfaces intense enough to
decrease night vision adaptation when turned on?
I would appreciate any experience and comments.

Regards,
  Jorge Bujanda
  XL FG (under construction)
  Palmdale, CA

"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."

Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/