REFLECTOR: anyone know the story behind this-musthavemissedit.....

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Nov 10 09:40:42 CST 2005

Flutter can be in a rudder or structures a lot larger.  This link is to
a site that has video (of various quality) of the Galloping Gurdy Tacoma
bridge. http://www.enm.bris.ac.uk/research/nonlinear/tacoma/tacoma.html.
I would guess the difference between the bridge and a rudder is
frequency of oscillation, though the end result is similar...both will
end up in the drink unless it is stopped.

Chuck