REFLECTOR: Interior supplies

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 04:50:22 CST 2005

Hi,

I stumbled on to a find that's worth reporting.  This a "trim and
upholstery" supply outlet.  It is a newly merged company made up of 3
previous companies and all bought out by one guy.  For what it's worth,
the place is locally described as the biggest supplier on the east
coast.  I spent an hour out there this week.  They have interior
waterboard in the cardboard or plastic version, foam in several
densities and thicknesses, zippers of all weights, sizes etc, glue,
attaching buttons, racks and rack of cloth, jute, vinyl, some leather.
They can get whatever they don't have.  It would take a week to view it
all.  About maybe half was vehicle specific, like 1995 Ford Taurus blue,
or whatever.

I can't comment on price comparisons, and the fellow that showed me
around admitted that they have yet to get a full handle as of yet on the
"combined" inventory.  They were helpful and took the time for me and I
was obviously not a trim shop professional, but just some small potatoes
retail shopper.  The place was huge!  Sorry.  No catalog and no web site
either.  But chances are if you had a sample of something, they could
match it.  The place is located between Greenville and Spartanburg off
I-85.   I didn't ask, but I did see a button machine that is used to
cover and click together a fabric covered button.  So they may also do
some limited production services too.

IDC Inc
1340 S Danzler Rd
Duncan, SC 29334