REFLECTOR: Vne

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed May 25 21:56:17 CDT 2005

Well, vne is indicated, so the higher you climb the lower your
indicated speed will be while maintaining a constant true airspeed. Or
looking at it from another angle, maintaining the same indicated as you
climb will produce an ever increasing true airspeed.

If Craig's numbers work out, I will have to run the engine below 60%
power near sea level to keep the airspeed below VNE.  Man I hate
problems like that!

Scott