REFLECTOR: Tractor vs Pusher props

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed May 25 17:35:53 CDT 2005

But not "ding" proof.  We are testing a Hartzell metal 3-blade on the Velo
XL demo aircraft - got a good dent from a stone "or something" - it took a
lot of dressing to get rid of the nick.  There is debate regarding whether
to add JB Weld "or something" to re-contour the blade back to original.  One
side says the JB is good to get the shape back and to add back metal that
was filed away (for weight purposes) ... the other side says, "That's true,
but it's hard to be on the lookout for cracks if JB is hiding the affected
area."  We welcome thoughts on this.
Score one for the wood/composite propeller - add filler, sand, seal, paint.
Scott B.