REFLECTOR: RE: CATTO

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue May 24 07:00:20 CDT 2005

Tom,

Making tradeoffs may be a bit more accurate than "sacrificing
performance.' with a fixed pitch prop.  With a climb prop, your cruise
suffers, with a cruise prop, your climb suffers, but if you go to a CS
prop, your weight and wallet suffer.  Pick your poison...or your
pleasure.  Some swear by the CS prop (I'm an MT user), especially with
the XLRG with the 540--heavier and benefits from the extra boost,
others, through testing and judicious mission analysis, are perfectly
satisfied with a FP that combines decent climb with good cruise.  The
only certainty in choosing between a CS and FP is you need to have an
extra 10,000 good reasons for going with the CS.

Chuck