REFLECTOR: Runway length

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon May 23 14:03:32 CDT 2005

I put my name on the waiting list for a hangar at a nearby airport
(Oceanside) 8 years ago.  They notified me Fri that one is available, and
that I have to commit within 4 days.  (Thanks a lot for advance notice!)

The runway length there is listed as 2712' x 75'.  Clearly short for initial
flight tests.  I'll have to do that at Ramona - 5000' x 150'; but Ramona is
an hour from home.

I'm just looking for some feedback on basing a Velocity SE RG at a 2700'
runway (at sea level and temps rarely over 80, typically in the 60's and
70's).  With 265 hp, takeoff should never be an issue.

Thanks,

Al