REFLECTOR: NOSE GEAR DOOR DO-HICKEY

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon May 23 07:39:43 CDT 2005

Who was the genius that posted photos of that mechanical nose gear door
closer?

I want to retrofit my plane!  I need basic dimensions ... or better yet
... I will buy one already made from anyone who has built it!

I have had a terrible time with my hydraulic system.  It works fine ...
but the little balls at the ends of the "t" going through the rod end
... snap off from time to time.  I have elongated the slots and reduced
tension as much as I can without having the doors loose ... but
eventually one side or the other snaps off ... leaving a door to dangle.