REFLECTOR: Help-elevators

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun May 22 21:40:38 CDT 2005

Larry,

I just went outside and measured. My elevators ended up being trimmed. The
dimensions are about 72" at the tube end. At the thin end (inboard) they were
trimmed more to allow clearance for the fuselage. Also, I ended up needing to
fill the inboard portion of one elevator so that it fit closely to the fuselage.
let me know if you need to do that. (If you look, you will notice that the
inboard ends need to be cut to fit to the concentric torqure tubes. It was from
the torque tubes inboard where I had a little more space than I wanted.)

I have a feeling that each Velocity is a little different where the elevators
need to be trimmed near the fuselage. The torque tube and outboard ends
should be fairly consistant.

Hope that helps.

Kurt.