REFLECTOR: Help-elevators

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat May 21 20:18:29 CDT 2005

Larry,

I have the same model, and had the same problem with my elevators. It has been a while, but what I did was take some of the scrap blue foam and cut a piece slightly oversize. I then placed it BETWEEN the good pieces, and very slowly sanded it down to the right contour.

I remember being a little worried about making it right, but it ended up taking less than one evening to get it all mated up.

You could always ask the factory to send you another core to use, but that probably isn't necessary.
I remember making the filler piece 4"-6" wide. If you have some pour foam, it would be easier than what I did by using a scrap piece or blue foam. Get everything jigged up where you want it, make a small dam, and put the pour foam between the good blue cores. wait til it is cured, and rough cut by hand with a hack saw blade. Then sand the last bit to match.

Shouldn't be too bad. I built all my surfaces (no fast build options here). I found it pretty easy and quite rewarding once it was done.

Keep on plugggin'

Kurt