REFLECTOR: Porpoising (was TruTrak AP)

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 12:25:03 CDT 2005

Chuck,

Thanks for the input. One of my tests will be to fly
without the sparrow strainer.

I'm also curious as to the degree of my problem. Is
your plane's pitch rock solid in cruise when lightly
loaded (pilot only/rearward cg), or does the pitch
wander a bit? How about if you induce a pitch change
without adjusting the trim - does the plane return to
a stabilized airspeed within a few cycles? Of course
this is only relevant with the a/p off.

Thanks, Pat