REFLECTOR: TruTrak AP

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue May 17 08:00:28 CDT 2005

Al,

I sense almost no difference in the plane whether the AP is on or off.  If I'm jic-jacing a round, I'll have to look at the AP to see whether it on/off.  Of course, if you go to bank, the resistance is immediate.  Otherwise, in straight-n-level cruise on a smooth day, the AP can be engaged and disengaged multiple times and there is no way of telling the difference.  Naturally, after several minutes with the AP off, there'll be some slight drift in Alt or Hdg, but not much.  In other words, in smooth air, the AP is not continuously working--just an occasional imperceptible bump to put alt/hdg back on the straight and narrow.  Now, what was your question again?

Chuck